First roommates dinner out was last night. We (Anya, Greg, Becca, and me) went to Micks (sp?) and I didn't get dream rolls. I don't know what came over me but whatever I had ended up being pretty good. Good times.
So I was looking through my phone today and the 3 text messages I still have in my inbox are worth repeating:
- From: reflexids, Subject: Interceptor Alert: Incoming, Text: *NEW* 220.127.116.11:1654 --UDP--> 10.3.18.25: 161 * Attack: 1 packets of type <snmp public access>
- From: Melissa, Text: there's this guy marching around the park in a tutu, twirling a baton, and blowing a whistle...
- From: Laura, Text: Hey. I just asked someone about radiators and they were like no good. Sadness.
ckdake.com news: There's now an RSS feed of my news available to all you avid readers out there
Group projects really suck. I don't like waiting on other people to get things done that I need to do my work and I don't like the way tech students like to work which is not at all until the very last minute. Its Saturday afternoon and I feel like I'm stuck without anything to do because I'm waiting on people to get back to me and I have too much work to do to be sitting around not doing any of it.
Wow. It's kinda like I don't really have any time for anything anymore. Here's the gist of what I'm up to:
- Presentation tomorrow for Information Security analyzing several Security Policies. Powerpoint here I come.
- Website/Paper/Presentation Monday for Information Security, my part being Hardware Failover and most likely putting the final thing together or presenting it. Need to get stuff up on the website before the meeting tomorrow.
- 1.5 hour group presentation next Thursday for Innovation, Technology, and Policy on a book that reads like a research paper. We are going to try and make a neat game out of it for the class, so I need to have a lot of stuff written out for it tomorrow for our meeting.
- Senior Design: waiting for a last code review from Bharat on the permissions stuff I figured before finishing up most of it, and I still need to figure out URLs for downloading and uploading images. Group meeting on Tuesday, hopefully with out advisor and the final deliverable is just a few short weeks away.
- Plan my trip to Europe with dates and places and modes of transportation and all that.
- Continue going to work every morning from 8 until 11 or 12 or so.
- Eat and sleep with some regularity.
- Aren't I supposed to be biking or working out or something too?
- Look at places to live perhaps for late summer/fall/spring.
- Keep updating this thing.
Needless to say it is going to be a very long next couple of weeks..
Recent Picture additions:
- I took a bunch of pictures of melissa so she could use them on her website and such things. One of the better ones:
- A new picture of me on here. Imagine that.
I really hate coming up with titles for these things so I may just take out that "function." What's the point of a title if these little blurbs are short enough to just glance over?
Anyways I've been working like crazy on senior design the last couple of days. Progress is being made and I'm actually getting familiar with the whole Gallery 2 framework. The XML-RPC module will now let people login and delete things (even things they don't have permission to delete) so there is a bit of work left but my goal is to have the whole thing done by Friday. The two design challenges left are getting images uploaded through the protocol and how to check permissions, both of which should be fairly straightforward but require me to read a lot of code. Everyone else is getting their stuff done and this thing is going to be sweet when its done. More on what _it_ actually is later..
ckdake.com update: server stats page is new and improved
Biggest news for you computer people out there is I've decided to go with vim for my editor of choice. Emacs just wasn't cutting it for me and Scite wasn't working out too well either. Vim is installed everywhere and it just seems like the right choice. Its in all of my .bashrc's as EDITOR now and gvim is on the desktop. Back to bustin out the code..
Daylight savings time... Falling back I don't mind but someone needs to do something about this springing ahead business.
Finally recovered from whatever food wasn't getting along with me. Less homework got done today but had a group meeting for CS4235 and took some really cool pictures waiting for everyone to show up espically this one.
My April Fool's day annoucement for Gallery got through to the front page of Slashdot which would be resume worthy on any other day but April Fools, and if all goes well I will get Gallery 1.5-RC3 (hopefully the final release candidate) out the door tomorrow
After more driving than I would like to drive due to traffic and the type of rain that makes everyone stop and wait for it to go away Laura and I made it to Knoxville (after managing to spend 25$ at steak and shake on the way. mmm mmm). I still kinda know my way around the place and its nice to think that if I really needed Marble Slab I could get to it. I delivered some Candle's to David's parents (seems odd to me too) and we turned in Laura's b/f's homework and then picked up Julie and went to Kroger. 4 coke fridge packs and 3 2-liter bottles for 10$. How can you not take up that offer!
Afterwards there was eating and drinking and minimal ammounts of rejoicing as we watched The Big Lebowski. First time I had ever seen it and it was pretty decent. The next morning I picked up Lindsey for her dorm and we hit up the Cracker Barrel. First time there too and I could definitely go back. So then it was back to Atlanta, this time with no traffic and we were going about 90 most of the way so it took a lot less time than the trip there.
Dinner with the guys from The Lair at Taquera Del Sol where plans were hatched to break more things at their house and run up the stairs of the Bank of America building today. (however it seems that the Mexican food and my body didn't get along very well and I've lost 6 pounds in the past 2 hours or so) After that extended amount of crazyness, Becca and I went to one of her friend's really sweet loft type place and watched Shark Tale. The direction "kids" movies are going these days.. Shark Tale sends the following message to kids: "It's cool to be urban trash and materialistic." and "Lying gets you places you couldn't get otherwise."
It's group meeting time!
I was just driving along and noticed the engine was running a bit hot so I pulled over and opened the hood and my radiator had just about finished exploding allll over the place. Awesomeness. After a lot of phone calling and crazyness its at the shop and 460$ later I will have a new radiator and can drive again. Hopefully all this will happen by noon tomorrow so I can go to Knoxville as planned, but so much for work and it looks like I get to bum a ride to class..
Bought plane tickets to Amsterdam today. I'm actually going to Europe!
And Gallery announces a merger with Coppermine: http://www.coppergallery.org/
I'm out to hope for more income..