- MWF: r/bodyweightfitness recommended routine first thing in the morning at work
- Working on figuring out: Weekly evening ride, weekend ride routine
I ride mountain bikes for fun, and ride most other kinds of bikes to make mountain biking more fun. In 2004 I co-founded Faster Mustache which at one point was the place to go for anything bike related in Atlanta. We organized the only urban 24 hour race in the world for 5 years in a row, and spun up a pretty solid race team: FM:Race. In 2009 I raced full seasons of XC mountain bike racing and velodrome racing. 2010 I focused on track racing and as team leader, led us to a 1st place team finish for the season with 4 people in the top 15 individual standings including first place. In 2011 I raced a full season at the track, but focused on the Chainbusters 6-hour race series where Jason and I took 3th of over 75 teams in the Pro/Open Men’s Duo category. Some cyclocross races were ridden, and 2012 was a the year of running races and mountain biking adventures. 2013 onward bring bigger bike adventures, and running with a bigger crowd. In 2014 I ran a half marathon every month, and 2015 onward is back to just making sure I’m mountain biking as much as possible and taking as many new people riding as possible. A move to CT in early 2018 means lots of new singletrack to find!
- me on Strava
- Me on Singletracks
- me on Garmin Connect
- me on XTrack
- Race Results and Records
- ride stats
Rides of Note
- 2005.10.08-09 - 24 Hours of Adrenalin (Conyers) - My first mountain bike race was a 24 hour team event
- 2005.10.23-24 - FM.24.05 - the only FM.24 that I seriously rode in. The other 4 I mostly ran the event
- 2006.05.13 - Southwestern US Trip - mountain biking in Colorado (Palmer Park and Hartman Rocks) and Moab, Utah (Slickrock and Porcupine Rim)
- 2007.03.07 - Georgia Rides to the Capitol 2007 - first annual (and I've done this every year since)
- 2008.08.02 - Covington Century 2008 - first century
- 2009.03.03 - Georgia Rides to the Capitol 2009
- 2009.08.23 - Mountain Biking in Santa Fe - 1 dude, 120 miles and 14,000ft in 4 days
- 2009.09.27 - Six Gap Century 2009 - 2 dudes, 100 miles, 11,200ft
- 2010.06.09 - Road Biking in Portland - 4 dudes, 200 miles and 13,000ft
- 2011.07.27 - Mountain Biking in Colorado - 2 dudes, 156 miles and 29,000ft
- 2011.11.27 - Strava Turkey Takeoff (and other 2011 riding) - 250 miles in 4 days
- 2012.06.20 - Mountain Biking in Sun Valley, Idaho - 7 dudes, 150 miles and 19,000ft in 6 days
- 2013.10.06 - Mountain Biking in Park City, Utah - 7 dudes, 128 miles, and 16,000ft in 5 days
- 2014.08.19 - Mountain Biking in Oakridge, OR - 4 dudes, 1 gal, 130 miles and 25,000ft in 5 days
- 2014.12.26 - Haleakala Attempt - Made it up 7000ft
- 2015.08-18 - Mountain Biking in Jackson, WY - 5 dudes, 125 miles and 18,000ft in 5 days
- 2016.10.09 - Mountain Biking in Moab, UT.
- 2017.10.16 - Mountain Biking in Pisgah, NC.
2021 Commencal Meta AM HT 29 Race
A big rowdy hardtail for all the big things and all the XC things. I ride this bike the most, and its the fastest and the most fun off road.
2020 Canyon Inflite
When living near gravel, get a bike for it. Lots of time riding dirt from our rental house in Newnan, GA for a year or so. Now likely to live on the turbo trainer.
2019 Knolly Warden
Big Ole Squishy Bike, for big things. Bought in Connecticuit for rocks and bike parks
2017 Surly Big Fat Dummy
Big Fat Cargo bike for chainsaw hauling, toddler hauling, and venturing out into the great unknown.
2014 Salsa Colossal Ti
Shimano Ultegra 22, Disc Brakes, Thomson/Salsa components, Crank Brothers Quattro pedals (19.85lb)
When singletrack is not an option. Bought in November 2013 to replace my 2007 Specialized Roubaix. Working towards getting 20,000 miles in on it.
2009 Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe
Independent Fabrication Steel Deluxe frame, Stan's 4.4Ti Crest Wheels, Crank Brothers Eggbeater 3 pedals, Crank Brothers Iodine SL Headset, RockShock SID Team 100m fork, Ergon GR2 grips, SRAM X.9 drivetrain, Race Face Deus XC cranks, Thomson Titanium 6 Bars, 2015 SRAM Guide R Brakes, Thomson Elite seatpost and stem, WTB Silverado Pro seat, Maxis Ignitor UST 2.1 tires (23.4lb)
Steel is real functional when full squish is in need of repair. Bought in Summer 2009 with first ride on July 2.
2006 Redline 925
Phil Wood hubs laced to DTSwiss TH540 rims, 28mm Continental Gatorskins tires, WTB Silverado Pro saddle, Cane Creek front and rear brakes, Ergon grips, freewheel (22.5lb)
To the post office, grocery store, and beyond! Bought August 2007 to replace broken Nishiki.(specs - frame only)
RETIRED: 2016 Yeti ASR Enduro
The big but-not-that-big bike. SRAM GX1, Fox Performance, Crank Brothers Candy pedals, 9point8 dropper post. (27.5lb)
Frame damage and endless list of maintenance needs, finally hung this one up on the wall
SOLD: 2010 Fuji Cross Pro
Crank Brothers pedals. (21.2lb)
Cyclocross!. Bought in October 2011. Barely ridden. Sold June 2013.
SOLD: Trek 970
Old Trek 970 frame, old prototype Rolf wheels, Thomson seatpost and stem, RockShock SID SL Fork, FSA Carbon handlebars, Ergon Grips, flat pedals, SRAM X.0 Derailluer, RaceFace 32T front chainring, SRAM Cassette with Wolf Tooth 42T ring, Continental X-King tires.
After all these years I finally have a loaner bike so it's even easier to bring out new people mountain biking. Even though this is a loaner and was pieced together with spare parts and $300, it's a very nice bike and I ride it sometimes instead of my IF. December 2015. 21lb and change. Sold in Jan 2018.
SOLD: 2009 Kawasaki KLX 250S
ProTaper Bars, Acerbis hand guards, Pelican Case (278lb)
Less pedaling, more mud. Bought in July 2012. Sold March 2016
SOLD: 2007 Specialized Roubaix Comp Compact
Crank Brothers Quattro pedals, Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, Fulcrum Racing 3 Wheels, 23C Specialized Armadillo Elite tires (20.5lb)
Base miles. Bought May 2008 as a first real road bike, Ridden over 10,000 miles all over the place. (specs)
SOLD: 2005 Fuji Track Pro frame
Kazane carbon race wheels with Continental Sprinter tubular tires, Sugino 75 Cranks, Crank Brothers Quattro pedals, Deda bars, Thompson Masterpiece seatpost, Thompson Elite stem, Phil Wood bottom bracket, Selle saddle.(15.7lb)
SOLD: 2005 Gary Fisher Cake 4 DLX
Crank Brothers Candy C pedals, Crank Brothers Cobalt headset, Shimano Deore XT Shadow rear derailluer, Ergon GX1 Grips (29.8lb)
Full Squish. It took me all over Georgia for XC, racing and 24 hour races, and it's been out to Moab, UT. I broke my collarbone in North GA on this one in early 2008. Full ride location list on singletracks.com. Bought Spring 2006 to replace old Tassajara. Sold to a friend who will ride it, as it's been sitting in my house gathering dust since my IF showed up and only getting use as a guest bike. (specs)
RETIRED: 1997 highly modified Gary Fisher Tassajara
Avid Shorty 7 brakes, Phil Wood hubs laced to Rino Lite rims, lock on grips, Shimano cranks.
My first 'real' mountain bike. Got some time in middle school a long time ago.(specs)
SOLD: 2000 KHS Flite 300
My first road bike, then I discovered fixed gear riding, then I rediscovered mountain biking. It sat in my house for 2 years collecting dust and I finally sold it. Bought Spring 2005 as first ever road bike, Sold Fall 2008. (specs)
SOLD: Tirreno Razza 1000
While in California for the summary, my try at "serious" road riding. Wasn't for me because I didn't have anyone to ride with. Bought Summer 2007, Sold Summer 2007
SOLD: Nishiki Sport
First fixie for me, upgraded and parts replaced and all, met it's end of me riding it in a wreck with a car in California. However, it wasn't too busted and someone bought it to turn it into a commuter bike. Bought Fall 2006, Sold Spring 2009