Similar to those online places that recommend companies you should use, here is mine. None of this feedback is paid or solicited or rewarded unless specifically indicated. I like and highly recommend all of these things.
These links are all referral links. I'll get some $ if you sign up and pay them, but I'd recommend them even without referral programs
- Wealthfront is the place to invest your money when you don't want to worry about stock/fund picking. I have my ROTH IRA and Rollover IRA there and have been very happy with the process and the returns.
- NameCheap - I have over 50 domains registered at NameCheap. Their purchase process is quick and painless.
- Digital Ocean - I use Digtal Ocean for my 'cloud hosting' when I don't want something running on the hardware in my datacenter.
- Ubiquity Hosting - I use Ubiquity for my datacenter colocation. They have cloud products as well. Use this link to get a $10 credit on service there.
- Rackspace is the place to go for hosted e-mail. My e-mail lives there, as does many of my hosting customers.
- FreshBooks is fantastic accounting software that doesn't make mistakes and makes it easy to keep my company books.
- Backblaze is easy painless online backup for computers. Set it and forget about it until something happens to your computer, and everything is safe there.
- Snacks! Order things from The Feed with this link and you get $5. Drink mixes, bars, jerky, etc
- Camera Equipment: Rent from CameraLends. Use that link to get 20% off.
- Roofing: David at First Rate Siding was pleasant to work with. He communicated with me via e-mail and SMS as appropriate, and worked with his team to get my roof replaced in a timely and cost-effective manner in April 2015.
- Financial Advisor: Kyle at Northwestern Mutual has been a great help at guiding me through the mess of insurance options, and with support from his team he's helped me out with planning my saving and eventual retirement.
- Handyman: Donald at Fixosis is the man. If it is in any way related to your house, he can fix it.
- Lawn Care: Jose at C & L Landscaping, LLC takes great care of my grass and everything else in my yard, doing the right things at the right time throughout the year, and he's a great deal. firstname.lastname@example.org / 678-733-7648
- Electric work: Jeff at Jeff Electric is a one-man show and does good work at a good price. I had him work on my old house to prepare it to sell, and my new house to get everything grounded/GCFI protected and install a few more outlets. email@example.com / 404-775-4897