I take a lot of pictures most of the time. You can find them on my Flickr
I'm still slowly going through the shoeboxes of ~10 years of film pictures, and eventually they'll all make it on-line there.
If you find any pictures that you would like prints of or would like permission to use digitally, please send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and let me know what you're interested in! I've done everything from providing high-resolution digital originals to magazines, to envelopes of 4x6s, to large 20x30 prints, and every little bit I make from selling prints and licensing goes towards equipment costs.
Since I got my first camera when I was just 4, I've mostly just been taking pictures to capture the moment. My family traveled a lot, and I've done a lot of neat things so there have been plenty of moments to capture. I've been trying to do a bit of picture taking just for the sake of taking pictures, and taking "cool" pictures is definitely an interest of mine: tinkering with HDR
, macro lenses, etc. One of these days I'll make a point of doing some more photo-oriented adventures like urban exploring, and they'll all make it to my Gallery when that happens.
- Canoe Trip photography in Georgia Tech's Newspaper : Technique 2008 (print + digital news distribution)
- Mountain Bike Race photography in Endurance Magazine October 2008 (print magazine distribution)
- Road Bike Race photography on CyclingNews.com in October 2008 link (digital)
- Atlanta Critical Mass photo in "Cycle Through" art show at YoungBlood Gallery in March 2010 (print)
- Track Bike Race Photography published in advertising in Atlanta magzine, July 2010 (print news distribution)
- Terrapin Twilight Criterium photos in story for Athens GA newspaper 'Flagpole'. 2012.04.25 (digital)
- Track Bike Race Photography published on East Point, GA 2012/2013 Visitors Guide Cover, November 2012 (print)
- East Atlanta Twilight Criterium as photo fo the day on Bikerumor.
Whether I'm on a bike or not, I usually have a Camera with me. My iPhone is almost always in my pocket, and if it's a mountain bike ride or a typical evening on the town, I'll have my Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS
that San gave me for Christmas 2008. I hadn't had a point-and-shoot since my Canon S200
in College, which was replaced with a used Canon 10D
, which was replaced with a new Canon 20D
, which was replaced with my current DSLR: a Canon 40D
purchased in May 2008. A Canon 7D
is the next camera on my list, but I likely won't be getting it soon as I can't justify the expense yet. Before the S200, I've had a number of film cameras and I'm slowly scanning all of my prints. Some day they will all be uploaded here! (or just the good ones atleast)
Canon SD1100 IS
The film cameras I had and point and shoots were easy, but this whole DSLR thing means lenses galore.
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - sold!
Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - for - sold!
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Canon SpeedLite 420 EX
Canon RS-80N3 Wired Remote
More Camera etc
- Gorillapod SLR-Zoom
- Gitzo GT2941 Section 4 G-Lock Explorer Basalt Tripod
- Acratech Ultimate Balhead with Leveler and Detent Pin
- Pelican 1400 Cases