Ever tried to figure out how you could use more bacon and more cheese and less everything else in a meal? Then bacon pies are for you! This recipe is guaranteed to fill your house, clothes, pets, and carpet with the flavorful aroma of bacon and cheese for weeks. The end result is surprisingly easy to eat and goes great with very very dry bread and high-gravity beer. When cooked properly, the cheese will be fluffy with a consistency similar to scrambled eggs. Read on for the recipe!
Ingredients (Serves 4 people):
- 2 Lb Premium Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1 Lb Grocery Store Brand Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Cast Iron Pot
- Cookie Sheet
- Huge Spatula
- Sharp Knife
- Frying Pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Finely chop 3 strips of bacon into tiny pieces and cook in the frying pan until crunchy.
- Weave remaining bacon strips into 2 lattices.
- Place one lattice on the cookie sheet and cook in the oven until golden brown.
Flip and drain grease as necessary.
- Place the other lattice in the cast iron pot and cook in the oven until golden brown. Drain grease as necessary.
- Pour the cheese on top of the lattice in the pot, stirring in the tiny bacon pieces as you go.
- Place the lattice from the cookie sheet on top of the cheese and sprinkle a tiny bit cheese on top of it.
- Turn off the oven, place the cast iron pot with all of the bacon and cheese in it back into the oven, and let the cheese start to melt.
- In ~15 minutes, the cheese on top should be melted and golden brown.
- Remove, slice, serve, and enjoy!
comments powered by