I've been tagged in several of these on Facebook, but don't really want to post anything directly there so I'm posting this here instead. The way this is supposed to work is that you post a list of 25 things about yourself, and tag other people that then should do the same thing. So here is my list:
comments powered by
I ride bikes. On the road, at the velodrome, in the mountains, etc.
I take pictures.
- I like nice things, so buy nice things and won't by cheap things. It probably saves me money in the long run because I don't buy things that wear out or don't work well, but I do have some things that are nicer than I probably need.
- Well designed/engineered things fascinate me, especially when the end result is something exceedingly simple to understand.
- I work from home for SugarCRM and it's great.
- I have too many hobbies because I want to do too many things.
- I'd rather eat at McDonalds than lots of other places.
- I don't like chocolate, coffee, seafood, or broccoli.
- I don't like eating out by myself and miss some meals because of it.
- Music is great. I have cello, midi keyboard, bass guitar, electric bass, and have taken lessons, classes, etc, but don't really have the time to do anything with any of them. I was in a band for a few months in high school, and in a string quintet for a few years in middle/high school, and in the Georgia Tech Symphonic Orchestra for several years.
Inbox zero: I keep my inboxes empty.
- I do not like creating content on platforms that I do not control, but like piping content everywhere.
- I can't stand people that can't be on time.
- I'm still not really sure what I want to do with my life and my career.
- I'm not really interested in competition or winning, so it's hard to get motivated to do some things.
- I focus on doing things the "Right Way" which often means things take longer to get done, or never get done.
- I can't stand people using poor communication tools or methods. Some things are best done via email/phone/textmessage/twitter/blogs/etc, and I don't want to discuss where to eat lunch in 30 minutes via facebook wall posts!
- I do like receiving gifts, but don't like getting things I don't want or can't use. I'd prefer to just get myself things I need for me and get other people things that they appreciate.
- I don't like holidays. Birthdays, Christmas, all of em.
- I can't throw things away that might be useful to someone. I have more books than I'd like and I'm slowly getting rid of boxes of junk via Craigslist and other places.
- I can't stand technology that doesn't do what it is supposed to do and have no patience for dealing with faulty things. Things should either just work or have documentation explaining how to make them work.
- I haven't had a car for a few years and always feel guilty whenever anyone drives me everywhere, even if it's convenient for them and I buy them lunch. I may get a car sometime.
- I started offering hosting as "ithought" so I could buy nice hardware for my digital things to be on.
- I don't trust companies with my information because I don't trust them to let me access it when I want to, not because I'm concerned about privacy.
- I like Atlanta. It has many of the good things about both small towns and big cities, the weather is alright, and it's got everything I need.