Windows 7 64-bit on a MacBook Pro
- Grab a copy of oscdimg.exe (heres one) to somewhere like C:\
- Put the DVD you already burned into your Windows box
oscdimg -n -m -bd:\boot\etfsboot.com d:\ c:\win7×64.iso
- Burn this ISO to DVD
- If Needed, use Boot Camp Assistant in Mac OS X to partition your disk for Windows
- Boot up with this DVD (hold down C when booting, use the Boot Camp Assistant to start it up, etc) and Windows 7 will install!
- Open up an Admin mode console by right-clicking on "Command Prompt" in start -> all programs -> accessories, and clicking "Run as administrator"
- type in "cd d:/Drivers/Apple" to change to the Drivers/Apple folder on the DVD
- type in "msi.exe BootCamp64.msi" to launch the 64-bit installer, and it will install and do it's thing
- It's faster feeling than Windows XP
- It's prettier than Windows XP
- It feels like it wakes and sleeps faster than OS X
- Steam and Team Fortress 2 work and seem faster than Windows XP
- The Internet works.