A Wild Five Years
My last update here was in 2017, and since then a lot has happened.
- mtb2k18 in Squamish and Whistler, BC
- Moved to New Canaan, Connecticuit in 2018 to manage software engineering teams at Bridgewater Associates for 2 years
- mtb2k19 in Sedona, AZ
- Added a 2019 Knolly Warden to the stable and rode a bunch of chunky rocky mountain bike trails and downhill parks all around New England, including attending NEMBAFest at the Kingdom Trails in East Burke, VT. Met a handful of great people, built some trails, and rode every wednesday night including when it was 17F out.
- Family Vacation to London and Disney Paris
- Christmas with San’s family in Getaria, Spain
- Went to AWS re:invent 2019
- A global pandemic began. Lots of Zwift.
- Moved back, temporarily to Newnan, GA, and permanently back to in-town Atlanta, GA to manage software engineering teams at Zenput
- Had a second kiddo.
- mtb2k21 in Crested Butte, CO
- Retired my 2016 Yeti ASR Enduro and added a 2021 Commencal Meta AM HT to the stable to replace it for XC and adventure riding, back to the Tuesday night ride in town.
- Lots of traveling and bike adventures
- Starting a new job on May 23. Stay tuned for details!
The theme here got a (minor) facelift today, and with a few weeks between jobs I’m much more caught up on ‘projects’ than I’ve been in a long time so this place may start to see a little bit more regular updates. I owe you some blog posts, stay tuned for:
- Mountain biking in Squamish/Whistler, Sedona, and Crested Butte
- What I learned building a dollhouse from scratch
- Mountain biking at Paul’s Mountain Place
- What I learned building a sprinkler system controller with Homebridge and some electronics parts
- Reflections on Middle Management
- Any requests?